- Service Technician - Madison AL
Service Technician - Madison AL
Ready to Start Your Career at Kenco?
We are a successful, passionate, and values-driven organization dedicated to developing and investing in talent. Ranked a top company for leaders, designated as the best place for college graduates and recognized globally for training excellence, we seek exceptional professionals who desire to contribute to a team where talent investment is a key competitive differentiator.
We are looking for a Service Technician!
About the Position
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for performing general maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance with all Material Handling Equipment involving all customer and vendors of Kenco Material Handling.
- Repair and maintain all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) based on standards set by site.
- Responsible for scheduling PM's of all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) and keeping updated records of PM's completed.
- Inspects forklifts, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
- Use manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to troubleshoot engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, or other components on material handling equipment.
- Communicate any abuse damages to onsite personnel with a detailed description of problem.
- Communicate with KFS Parts Manager on parts and supplies needed to maintain equipment.
- Maintain parts inventory and repair records for all equipment by completing accurate paperwork.
- Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
- Must interact with customers and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for general cleanliness of service area always.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate required.
- Minimum two years of mechanic experience; preferably prior experience with repair and maintenance of material handling or similar equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems on multiple types of equipment.
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, highly responsible, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Supply own mechanic technician hand tools.
- Must be able to safely operate lift trucks.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Coverage (including Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage)
- 401K Retirement & Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays a Year
- Job Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
9600 Madison Blvd, Madison, AL 35758-9157, United States
Email Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org